- Please do Contact us in case of doubt.
- You found a bug or desire a feature? Open an issue.
- You want to improve Batsim’s code or documentation? Read Setting up a development environment then Open a merge/pull request.
Open an issue¶
If you found a bug, please provide a minimal working example so we can reproduce it. Please also tell us about your software environment. Giving versions for Batsim, SimGrid and the scheduler you use is especially important.
Open a merge/pull request¶
If you plan to do several unrelated improvements, please do several merge/pull requests. Furthermore, please respect the following git usage.
- Create a dedicated git branch for your bugfix or feature implementation.
- Base your branch on Batsim’s up-to-date master branch.
- Do not put unrelated commits in the branch.
- Do not put merge commits in the branch.
If you already have modifications and do not know how to make them fit this usage, please read Atlassian’s git tutorial on rebasing.
- Reduce maintenance cost. As we lack development manpower, this is very important.
- Keep it simple, stupid. We try to avoid very specific code in Batsim itself. Ideally, the features should be modular enough to allow a wide use case variety. For example, the Protocol should propose a set of basic operations that can be composed to achieve what you want, rather than a dedicated operation that does exactly what you want.
- Performance should be kept in mind, even if this is not the main concern.